6 Email Marketing Tips to get the Clicks
Email marketing is one of your greatest assets. It’s one of the main ways you communicate with your core constituents and form a relationship with them. The thing is, you’re not the only one sending emails. People are bombarded with emails from everyone. To be effective, you need to cut through the clutter, and we have the tips to help.
1. The subject line – Has to be compelling
- Use words that are hot topics for your audience. Find out what your audience is talking about and get involved
- Use numbers. Numbers suggest content that is quick and concise. “3 ways to change a life.”
- Run tests. There’s no magic potion. It takes a few practice runs to get it right. Test your subject lines and track the response. You’ll be a pro in no time.
2. Relevancy – Your content has to relate to your target audience
- This goes with #1. Find out what your audience is into and go with it. Keep your content to one subject, your audience has enough to digest in their day let alone reading an email that’s a topic hopper.
3. Look and feel – Brand consistency across channels keeps the brand in mind
- Of course you know the key items in branding, a logo, colors and fonts, which should always be consistent through your messaging. But what about the actual message? Keep your tone consistent as well. If you’re a fun zany company, be that way in all of your messaging. If you’re not, then don’t try to be.
4. Call to Action – Give your target something to do, and make them want to do it!
- Focus! Give your constituents one thing to do from your email. Don’t distract them with other ‘stuff’.
5. Automated triggers – take the work away from your target, get your conversions quick.
- Take your reader right to the source. If you want them to donate, then dang-it, show them the way! provide hyperlinks wherever necessary to get them to the right destination!
6. Share the love – give your constituents the option to share the news and information with their friends – this is powerful stuff.
- Friends making referrals to friends: that’s your new best friend.
- 90% of consumers online trust recommendations from people they know, and 70% trust opinions of unknown users. (Source: Econsultancy)
Bottom Line: You’ve got 800 words of opportunity each month to get your message across. Sure you’ve got to have something useful to give your audience, but remember that these people are busy, tired and often just plain bored.
“Make your publication the one they wait for and you’ll never again live in fear of the delete key.” – Michael Katz
As the Chief Operating Officer of Forte Interactive, Slade leads marketing, operations, human resources, and product development, while overseeing a staff of Millennial employees.
Latest posts by S. Slade Sundar (see all)
- Forte Interactive Named To Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies - August 18, 2015
- RacePartner™ solution integrates with e-commerce giant to increase sales for events - July 23, 2015
- He Started by Sharing His Entrepreneurial Spirit at Palm Beach Atlantic University - July 10, 2015