Strategies to Engage Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers
Online peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns are one of the best ways to raise money for charities in conjunction with an endurance event. The network of engaged fundraisers you can build during a peer-to-peer campaign is effective for raising money and acquiring new donors! But how can you make sure that your campaign is successful in driving the right people to your campaign, and keeping them engaged?
Strategies to Engage Fundraisers
To get people to participate in a fundraising campaign, you need to communicate a compelling reason for the person to act, supporting evidence, and provide a way for the person to act. When
you create a campaign, you typically have provided these pieces. But the basics are only going to engage a small percentage. You can accomplish a greater reach and engagement by using incentives, recognition and ranking.
Helping others in need by fundraising should be incentive enough, right? In most cases it is, but it’s always good to provide tangible incentives that answer the “What’s in it for me?” question.
- Branded items: you can put your logo on anything! Cups, t-shirts, hats, etc. There are many low cost items that you can customize and provide to fundraisers as an incentive.
- Make sure it’s exclusive! Items should be exclusive to fundraisers to maintain value and “cool factor.”
- Vacations or products that are donated by a vendor. Many vendors will donate items, or at the very least, discount them.
Recognition & Ranking
Create opportunities for teams and fundraisers to learn about other teams progress. Learning about other teams will give your new and returning teams fresh ideas and motivation for the new year. It also creates a sense of friendly competition that will help increase fundraising activity!
- Who/which team is in the lead with the most # of donations?
- Who has the biggest team?
- Which teams participated for the most years consecutively?
- Highlight a random or unique team in an email out to all fundraisers
As the Chief Operating Officer of Forte Interactive, Slade leads marketing, operations, human resources, and product development, while overseeing a staff of Millennial employees.
Latest posts by S. Slade Sundar (see all)
- Forte Interactive Named To Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies - August 18, 2015
- RacePartner™ solution integrates with e-commerce giant to increase sales for events - July 23, 2015
- He Started by Sharing His Entrepreneurial Spirit at Palm Beach Atlantic University - July 10, 2015