11 Reasons Forte is Awesome!
Being an employee at Forte Interactive isn’t your typical job experience. Of course, we are a group of hard-working, determined people (if we weren’t, we would have never gotten hired) that put forth a great product. But there’s another aspect about us that got us hired, we are all awesome!
Not only are the people exceptional, the culture from the top down is amazing. Here are a few reasons why Forte is awesome.
1. Unlimited Time Off – Who says you can’t take the day off? Not us. Now, this is not to say we’re lazy. Remember when I said how hard working and determined we are? Forte is a small company; people wear multiple hats and get each other’s backs. We work hard so, an extra day off here and there is not looked down upon like at other companies.
2. Happy Hours – Typically, there are groups of friends in the office who will meet up after work to have a couple drinks. Not us. We all head downtown to relax and recap the day over a couple drinks. It helps build that team spirit and keeps us tight-knit, as they say.
3. Dog Days – Feeling guilty about leaving Patches at home? Well, just bring him in to work! There are a few employees here that bring in their pooches every now and then. The pups have to follow the rules, but that’s usually not too hard, and having them there puts a smile on everyone’s faces.
4. All around fun – Nerf guns, photoshop contests (just check out our Facebook Page for a couple examples), Jib-Jabs, and Holiday activities. Forte doesn’t just promote fun, it’s expected. It’s a great way to lighten your mood and break up the work day.
5. Autonomy – At Forte, you have the freedom to speak up. If you don’t like a process, if you’re not happy, if you are happy; you can let someone know, and they will listen. You have the freedom to change the way things are done and present your ideas to your superiors at any time and have them taken seriously. Crazy, I know!
6. Casual Friday, Everyday. – Shorts and sandals aren’t what make the atmosphere casual, although it is nice to have that option every day. We like to listen to music, tell jokes, and poke fun at ourselves – Everyone from interns to the management team!
7. We build great software for nonprofits – We do like to have fun, but our mission is to help nonprofits succeed with our simple and powerful web solution (called TrustedPartner), and we get down to work to accomplish that every day. Nonprofits across the nation, including local and national organizations, rely on our software and service to make a difference. Let’s just say it’s really easy for us all to sleep at night!
8. We Build great custom race and event software – RacePartner is the race and event registration software making big waves in the endurance industry. With Clients like MLB Charity Races such as the Giant Race, and big name clients like Nike Women’s Marathon SF, we get to high-five every 5 minutes and revel in doing an awesome job for awesome clients.
9. Company outings and events – Forte’s group outings and events are anything but typical. We’ve shot each other with paintballs, shown each other who’s really boss in glow-in-the-dark mini golf, and flaunted our creative and spooky sides during our Halloween Spookfest with pumpkin carving and haunted office contests.
10. Fitness Culture – With a 3-time Ironman (Rob Anderson) as a co-founder, we are big on living our endurance brand. We get to enter any of our races for FREE! Many of our employees have set new running or exercising goals and have completed them. Stuff like half marathons and triathlons! For those not into running, we offer free in-office yoga 2x a week, and 50% off of local area bootcamps like “Hard Exercise Works”.
11. Cool People – All the events, activities, jokes, cahoots, etc. wouldn’t be possible without having the thing that makes Forte really great, which is the awesome people. Forte goes through an extensive hiring process to ensure that the people we bring on board, are really awesome. If you’re awesome, you should check out our open career opportunities.
As the Chief Operating Officer of Forte Interactive, Slade leads marketing, operations, human resources, and product development, while overseeing a staff of Millennial employees.
Latest posts by S. Slade Sundar (see all)
- Forte Interactive Named To Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies - August 18, 2015
- RacePartner™ solution integrates with e-commerce giant to increase sales for events - July 23, 2015
- He Started by Sharing His Entrepreneurial Spirit at Palm Beach Atlantic University - July 10, 2015